Latest news Dear All
We have after much thought and discussions with various parties, come to the decision to hold the 2006 Wasted Festival at The Wintergardens in Blackpool. The festival started in Blackpool ten years’ ago next year and we thought it would be nice to return to the original venue (and the original weekend) to celebrate this anniversary. There have also been other factors in this decision which we have outlined below:-
1. The costs to put on the festival, to use the outdoor arena and bring you the festival we want to bring to you would not have worked out financially viable in Morecambe and unfortunately Lancaster City Council could not offer a lot more support than they already do. We were also concerned about using an outdoor stage when the great british weather aint exactly predictable.
2. The sound in the Market Arena in Morecambe cannot be improved any more than we have over the last few years and we feel that this is detrimental to the festival. Although the sound in Blackpool in 2002 was not good – we now have a great PA company that we are working with every year and the sound can be rectified in BP.
3. Accommodation – we have it on good authority that there are 80,000 bed spaces available in Blackpool which means that not only will everyone be able to book a room but also that the prices will not be greatly inflated just because the festival has come to town. The tourist info centre are going to be a great help in booking accommodation close to the venue to help keep us all together. There is also the transport issues with great train services and the airport there adding new flights to and from Europe all the time. For those of you who enjoy the atmosphere at the official campsite – there will be one in BP too.
4. We are trying to make Wasted a family festival and there is a lot more on offer in Blackpool for the whole family.
5. Having all venues under one roof is an undoubted benefit especially if the weather aint great.
6. The Acoustic stage will be better in the wonderful Pavillion venue in Blackpool as opposed to the Platform which i get complaints about from artists and punters alike.
7. We hope that since the Wintergardens already attract a lot of big bands that it will be a bit more prestigious to attract some of the bands we want to book.
8. There will be more room for stalls, traders and exhibitions within the venues and since we will have the use of pretty much the whole building we hope to have a great market area.
9. While many people have expressed concern about trouble with locals in Blackpool there is the issue of violence escalating in Morecambe which it has over the last couple of years and there were definately some nasty incidents there this year. All places have their problems with violence but I think that the local nutters in Morecambe are actually at the point of targetting the festival as easy pickings.
10. It’s the 10th Anniversary of HITS/Wasted and the 30th Anniversary of Punk and although we are not saying that the festival will stay in Blackpool it would be nice to have the anniversary festival there.
The dates for 2006 will be AUGUST 10TH – 13TH
ADVANCE TICKETS WILL BE Ł65 UNTIL 31ST MAY 2006 AND Ł75 THEREAFTER
SPECIAL OFFER FOR OUR REGULARS – GET YOUR WEEKEND TICKET FOR Ł55.00 – LIMITED TO 500 ON A FIRST COME FIRST SERVED BASIS.
AVAILABLE NOW FROM email@example.com or call 02476 559992
Postal with no booking fee:- to
14 Prior Street,
please make cheques payable to Wasted Festivals and include a decent size SAE.
that’s all the news for now folks – we appreciate that it may come as a shock to some of you not returning to Morecambe but it’s a decision we have made in the best interests of the festival and the festivals future. We want to keep it fresh and not become tired and boring!!! and you know what they say…….a change is as good as a rest!!!!
Wasted Xmas 2005
The Wulfrun hall, wolverhampton – saturday 11th december
The Astoria, London – sunday 12th december
HEADLINE DOUBLE FEATURE……
the rezillos & the dickies
with very special guests
the angelic upstarts
the weirdos (usa)
As usual tickets are available by post from us
(with no booking fee) –
Ł25.00 cheques/postal orders to:-
14 Prior Street
Hereford HR4 9LB, UK
please send a decent size SAE
Just to let you know Wasted Amsterdam is now on sale. The two day festival is at the Melkweg on September 10 & 11.
Tickets are 25 euros or £18 per day.
There is no 2 day ticket.
We are in the process of putting the bands into order
and more bands are to be added.
There will be 2 stages and around 25 bands each day. Times are 12noon till 12midnight.
SATURDAY 10TH SEPTEMBER
Amsterdam Stage 1
THE REAL McKENZIES
SICK ON THE BUS
GUNS ON THE ROOF
RUN LIKE HELL (USA)
Amsterdam Stage 2
PARANOID VISIONS (Ireland)
SHARK SOUP (Germany)
MOLOTOV COCKTAIL (USA)
FLEAS AND LICE (Holland)
STREET BRATS (USA)
SUNDAY 11TH SEPTEMBER
Amsterdam Stage 1
THE ANGELIC UPSTARTS
THE ANTI NOWHERE LEAGUE
FUNERAL DRESS (Belgium)
BLOOD OR WHISKEY (Ireland)
THE AGITATORS (Belgium)
LOS FASTIDIOS (Italy)
Amsterdam Stage 2
THE DEAD PETS
NERVOUS CHILLIN (Holland)
CHEMICAL KAOS (feat members of Last Resort etc)
HERO’S AND ZERO’S (Holland)
ZERO POINT (Denmark)
THE ASHTONES (France)
TICKETS 25 Euro/Ł18.00 per day
firstname.lastname@example.org 02476 559992